Camp at Blue Sky
Direct Online Booking through Hip Camp
- Listing type: Private
- No. of sites: 25
- Accessible by: Drive
- Accommodation: RV/ Van / Tenet
- Check in after: 2PM
- Check out before: 12PM
- Cancellation policy: Super Flexible
- On arrival: Meet and Greet
- Minimum nights: None
- Accepts bookings: 12 months out
- Base price: $15.00
- Additional people: $10.00
Original Nomad Hot Tub: $60
Includes set up and full tank of propane. Allow 4-5 hours of heating time so book in advance! We only have two!
Know Before You Book
Although rare, winter lows can dip as low as 15 degrees (F). Overnight winter lows average from 30-40 degrees. Prepare accordingly
Summer day-time highs can be 90-100 degrees but at night it cools off to 40-50 degrees (F).
Although Cuyama has blue skies year round the best times of year are September - November and March - June.
- We are a non-profit development organization working in a rural, isolated, economically disadvantaged community. By choosing to stay with us you're supporting community revitalization efforts. Thank you!
- New Cuyama is a food desert, meaning there are limited and only expensive options for fresh, healthy food. But we're working on it! Learn more about our food efforts.
- We're working on providing unique volunteer during your stay ranging from beautification & tree planting to art & design. If you have specific talents and want to visit and pitch in, contact us! Your stay may be free!
- Water is a huge issue in Cuyama. Both quality and availability. Sometimes there is color and an odor in the water. This will not be harmful to shower or wash up in. Pure drinking water is available. Remember community members deal with this problem on a daily basis. (PS we're working on this too!)
We welcome dry campers of all kinds here at Blue Sky Center. Whether you're in a Westy, an RV, or you're a car, motorcycle, bicycle, or tent camper, you and your adventuremobile are welcome here. The per person fee entitles you to access to all of our camper amenities including clean restrooms and shower. You're welcome to relax the Khalili Cantina, socialize and cook over the fire at the main fire pit, or stretch out in one of our hammocks. We also have two Original Nomad hot tubs that can be rented during your stay through the camp hosts.
The main fire ring is large and is commonly the center of activity in the evening. A large grill is available to place over the fire for cooking, and two smaller wood grills are available for cooking as well. Due to the high desert environment, we don't allow ground fires but you're welcome to bring your own fire pit or grill.
We have plenty of space here at Blue Sky Center and you're welcome to set up camp close to the main camp facilities or out on your own if you prefer some solitude here in our high desert valley.
We do not currently have hookups for RVs, so your vehicle must be self contained. If you intend to run a generator, we'll set you up in a spot where you'll have plenty of room and won't disturb the rest of camp.